Providing business planning and expertise for sport and leisure management and development.
Founded originally in 1988 by industry leader and pioneer Roger Quinton, the RQA consultancy team is led by David Lord, Managing Director, supported by specialist Senior Consultants and experts covering a wide range of industry service areas.
Our team has a wealth of experience over many years in the development and management of stadia, sports and leisure facilities and will be a trusted consultancy, partner and advisor to your operation..
Strategic Planning for Leisure
RQA's breadth of knowledge, experience and expertise enable us to deliver strategic planning and financial advice, and the underpinning processes, with confidence.
- Within public, private and education sectors
- Built Sports Facilities Reviews and Playing Pitch Strategies
- Projected need, demand and supply analyses
- University Sports Facilities Reviews (e.g. Brighton, Hull, Chichester)
- Developing strategy with local authorities and partner organisations
Feasibility & Funding
RQA will lead Feasibility Studies for sports, arts, and heritage projects, working with specialist agencies, design consultants and funding providers such as the National Lottery. Projects have included, for example:
- Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre (post 2012 Olympics)
- Tooting and Mitcham Sports Hub
- Essex Sports Village
- A Watersports Centre for Bognor Regis/Butlin's
- New Park Arts and Community Centre in Chichester
- An Observatory and Visitor Centre for Selsey
RQA partners with specialist consultants and companies providing economic impact research, design and construction advice, including leisure architects, landscape design, construction and quantity surveying. RQA studies have included:
- Lee Valley Park - hockey and athletics stadia
- Tooting and Mitcham FC - football stadium development
- Fort Regent Sports Village, Jersey
- Ice Arenas
RQA advises on business planning, operational management and organisational change, Developing Quality Partnerships through People. Examples are:
- Stoke Mandeville Stadium
- North Cornwall DC Leisure Centres
- Eastpoint Centre, Southampton
- East Hampshire DC Leisure Centres